Senior / FET Phase Natural Sciences & Biology Educator
What are we looking for?
A Natural Sciences / Biology Guide (Educator) is a caring educator who lives the spirit of Radley Private School by tirelessly nurturing individual entrepreneurs (which is what we call learners within the Radley context). The Guide role at Radley demands more than what is expected of the traditional classroom teacher, and therefore the term ‘Guide’. A Radley Guide provides quality education that infuses critical entrepreneurial skills (emotional, technical and experiential in nature) into the content of their subject, required of entrepreneurs facing real-world challenges and obstacles.
What does a Natural Science / Biology Guide do?
- Engaging in class teaching to foster a purposeful progression in learning which is consistent with your learning areas, programmes of subjects and grades
- Embedding Radley’s Entrepreneur Educator Guide standards and practices into all syllabi, schemes of work, homework, practical work, remedial work, etc.
- Preparing all lessons considering orientation, regional courses, new approaches, techniques, evaluation, technology, Entrepreneur Educator Guide tools, etc. within your field or subject
- Planning, coordinating, controlling, administering, evaluating and reporting on the entrepreneurs’ academic progress
- Recognising that learning is an active process and be prepared to use a variety of strategies to meet the outcome of the curriculum and Radley’s entrepreneurial education system
- Establishing a classroom environment which stimulates positive learning and actively engages entrepreneurs in the learning process
- Providing extra lessons where learning and remedial needs are identified
What kind of person makes a good Radley Natural Science / Biology Guide?
The Radley Guide is genuinely enthusiastic about the prospect of guiding our entrepreneurs and understands that a Radley education equips our young entrepreneurs with tangible business and critical life skills, shifting them beyond conventional career paths. The Radley Guide possesses a firm grasp of and passion for creating entrepreneurial learning experiences that are vibrant, enjoyable and applicable to the future world-of-business that our entrepreneurs will enter. The Radley Guide is a premium brand ambassador for Radley Private School and its parent company Canden Schools and applies the highest level of care in the execution of all functions
What are the minimum requirements I need?
- An appropriate and recognised four-year teaching degree / diploma from an accredited tertiary institution
- Compliance with all legislative fit-and-proper status requirements for teachers as determined by legislation
- A minimum of three years’ experience in teachingFamiliarity with the content of the CAPS curriculum for your teaching subjects
- Familiarity with modern teaching practices including: personalised learning, flipped classroom techniques, differentiated learning, the use of computer technology for research and effective use of group-work teaching strategies
- SACE registration vital
- A real interest in and passion for entrepreneurship is critical; experience in your own entrepreneurial endeavours is highly advantageous
- Excellent written and spoken English language ability
- Computer literacy: must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Own reliable transport with valid driver’s licence is an advantage