Intermediate Phase Natural Science Educator (Grades 4 to 7)
What are we looking for?
A Natural Science Educator (or Guide in Radley terminology) is a caring educator who lives the spirit of Radley Private School by tirelessly nurturing individual entrepreneurs (which is what we call learners within the Radley context). The Guide/Educator role at Radley demands more than what is expected of the traditional classroom teacher which is why we prefer the term “Guide”. A Radley Guide provides quality education that infuses critical entrepreneurial skills (emotional, technical and experiential in nature) into the content of their subject, i.e. the skills required of entrepreneurs facing real-world challenges and obstacles.
What does a Natural Science Guide do?
- Engaging in class teaching to foster a purposeful progression in learning which is consistent with the learning areas and programmes of the subjects and grades taught by the Guide.
- Embedding Entrepreneurial Educator Guide (EEG) standards and practices into all syllabuses, schemes of work, homework, practical work, remedial work, etc.
- Preparing all lessons considering orientation, regional courses, new approaches, techniques, evaluation, technology, EEG tools, etc. within the Guide’s field or subject.
- Planning, coordinating, controlling, administering, evaluating and reporting on entrepreneurs’ academic progress.
- Recognising that learning is an active process and be prepared to use a variety of strategies to meet the outcomes of the curriculum and the requirements of EEG.
- Establishing a classroom environment which stimulates positive learning and actively engages entrepreneurs in the learning process.
- Providing extra lessons where learning needs and remedial needs are identified.
What kind of person makes a good Radley Guide?
The Radley Guide is genuinely enthusiastic about the prospect of guiding our entrepreneurs, understanding that a Radley education equips our young entrepreneurs with tangible business and critical life skills, shifting them beyond conventional career paths. The Radley Guide possesses a firm grasp of, and passion for, creating entrepreneurial learning experiences that are vibrant, enjoyable and applicable to the future world-of-business that our entrepreneurs will enter. The Radley Guide is a premium brand ambassador for Radley Private School and Canden Schools and applies the highest level of care in the execution of all functions.
What are the minimum requirements I need?
- An appropriate and recognised four-year teaching degree or diploma from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Compliance with all fit-and-proper status requirements for a teacher as determined by legislation from time to time.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in teaching.
- Familiarity with the content of the CAPS curriculum for applicable teaching subjects.
- Familiarity with modern teaching practices including: personalised learning, flipped classroom techniques, differentiated learning, the use of computer technology for research and effective use of group-work teaching strategies.
- SACE registration is vital.
- A real interest in and passion for entrepreneurship is critical. Experience in your own entrepreneurial endeavour will be highly advantageous.
- Excellent written and spoken communication English language ability.
- Computer literacy: must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Own reliable transport with valid driver’s licence will be an advantage.