Entrepreneurial Programme Officer
What are we looking for?
Raizcorp will be running a one-year community entrepreneurial development project in the Kathu area of the Northern Cape. We are looking for your experience, understanding and passion for entrepreneurship coupled with a relevant tertiary level qualification in business or commerce to run this project in a highly efficient, collaborative and engaged manner. You must be a local resident of the Kathu area (Kuruman, Olifantshoek and Postmasburg residents are welcome to apply) and have good relationships with, understanding of and passion for local communities.
What does an Entrepreneurial Programme Officer do?
The Entrepreneurial Programme Officer is a multi-disciplined individual primarily tasked with proactively implementing and running an end-to-end entrepreneurial development project. This includes the day-to-day operational running of the Project Centre and the programme, as well as the functional delivery of the project outcomes, i.e. guiding or co-guiding of entrepreneurs, facilitation to or training of entrepreneurs and community members, continuous and meticulous reporting to the Raizcorp head office, recording of data and metrics valuable to project outcomes. The Entrepreneurial Programme Officer is a premium Raizcorp brand ambassador and as such is required to proactively run the Raizcorp project in an engaged, collaborative and highly efficient manner.
What experience is preferred?
You need the following skill and experience to apply:
- Minimum tertiary level qualification in business or commerce
- Experience in business and own entrepreneurial business is non-negotiable
- Experience in, and solid understanding of, business finances required
- Strong background and history in group facilitation
- Well-rounded administration experience with strong eye for detail
- Must have strong English language ability (read, write, speak)
- It is an inherent requirement of the role that you must be fluent in the language of the local communities within the Kathu area
- Previous experience in writing detailed reports is an advantage
- Own reliable vehicle with valid driver’s licence not negotiable
What kind of personality will excel in this role?
You need to be a person with empathy. Someone who relates well to others and who has a genuine kindness and care for people and their development. You must also be a driver personality type with a meticulous adherence to process, deadlines and goals. The ability to work independently and within a team is non-negotiable. You need to be comfortable with detailed and regular feedback, reporting and instruction from and to head office.